Rowan Blanchard (born August 26, 2001) is an American actress and activist. She has been a part of the Disney Channel series Girl Meets World for four years, playing Riley Matthews. Blanchard started acting at the age of seven when she began doing commercials.
From 2009 to 2014, she had regular television guest roles on Modern Family, The Middle, Criminal Minds and Make It or Break It.
She is known for her role as Riley Matthews on the Disney Channel series Girl Meets World (2014–2017), for which she won a 2015 Kids’ Choice Award, and appeared in the films Spy Kids: All the Time in the World (2011) and The Clique (2008).
In November 2017, she revealed that her time on the show would end in January 2018 with its third season finale.
While no future projects have been announced yet, we can’t wait to see what’s next from this talented young woman!
Facts About Rowan Blanchard
Here are some things you might not know about Rowan:
- Her acting career began at the age of six. She has starred in a number of commercials and had small roles on some hit TV shows such as Private Practice and The Back-Up Plan. “I’ve been so lucky to do what I love for my entire life,” Rowan told People Magazine. “It’s never felt like work.”
- When she was seven years old, the screenwriter of the movie Spy Kids approached her to audition for a role in the franchise’s fourth installment. She landed the part and shared scenes with stars like Jessica Alba, Alexa Vega, Daryl Sabara, Antonio Banderas and Sylvester Stallone!
- She got the inspiration to become an activist when, at just 10 years old, she read Malala Yousafzai’s book I Am Malala. “I feel so lucky to have grown up in a home where gender equality is prevalent,” she said. Rowan helped her parents tape an PSA for HeforShe, UN Women’s initiative to inspire men and boys to speak out for gender equality.
- She is a self-proclaimed feminist. “What I love about being a young feminist is that you really become so sure of who you are, so open-minded and interested in people’s opinions,” Rowan said. “I’m very pro-boy-girl-love.”
- Rowan is a fan of the top fashion houses. She loves Alexander Wang, Chloé and Proenza Schouler—and always pays special attention to whatever Kendall Jenner is wearing! “I’m obsessed with Kendall’s style,” she admitted. “She wears everything really well.”
- Like many teenagers, Rowan has a few celebrity crushes. “I think I’m like every other girl: I’ve got a full list of dudes that I crush on!” she laughed. One of them is Frank Ocean, and we can see why!
- She was bullied in school because of her acting career. “It was hard for me to make friends, and I definitely had a lot of people not like me because of it,” she said. Rowan also lost her voice for six months at one point after an incident with a bully. “I stopped talking for a while and would communicate only through writing notes,” she recalled. “It was hard.”
- She is friends with Zendaya ! The actresses first met on the set of their show, where they got along right away. Rowan and Z shared an adorable selfie together in November 2015. “She’s like my little sister,” said Zendaya.
- She has a healthy mind thanks to meditation . “I meditate every day, and it really helps me a lot,” Rowan said. “When something happens, you can see your situation for what it is—not as a big deal.”
- She desires to work with director Ava DuVernay . When asked who she would love to work with, the young star replied: “Ava DuVernay. She’s my absolute favorite.” Ava is becoming one of the greatest female directors in Hollywood, so we hope to see them working together soon!
- Rowan has great advice for girls struggling with self confidence. “It’s important to be yourself and do what you want,” she said. “There are always people who are going to be negative, but you should remind yourself that they’re just trying to bring you down.”
- She loves showing her fans how to do a cat eye. Rowan’s mom is an artist, so she taught her daughter how to draw on fake eyelashes for fun when she was five years old! “Drawing cat eyes on yourself is so much fun,” she revealed. “I do it all the time.”
- She loves helping her friends get ready. As a professional makeup artist, Rowan has lots of beauty secrets to share with family and friends! Here’s how you too can look like the starlet.
Rowan Blanchard is definitely a positive role model for girls. Her intelligence, activism and style make us love her even more!
You can visit Rowan Blanchard’s Instagram page.
Do you have any favorite facts about Rowan? Leave them in the comments section below. And don’t forget to check out Girl Meets World on the Disney Channel.
- Best 6 Books to Become Powerful and Cunning: A Comprehensive Guide
- What are Some of the Best Books on Reading People?
- Best Books on High Frequency Trading: Top Picks for Traders and Investors
- Getting Lost in a Great Story: Book Recommendations for Reluctant Readers
- 9 Books We’ll Never Get to Read: Exploring the Unfinished Manuscripts of Literary Legends